Telemedicine Consultation (Telehealth) in Rancho Mirage, CA
These days it’s becoming more and more important for families to be able to have pediatric medical care at their fingertips. Of course, busy schedules, a sick child and pandemics can also make it more difficult to bring your child in for an appointment. Don’t worry; we can bring your pediatrician to you thanks to our telemedicine services.
A telemedicine appointment will not take the place of your child’s regular wellness visits; you will still need to follow your child’s pediatrician schedule to make sure that they are getting the preventive care they need throughout their childhood and teen years; however, telemedicine is a great option when symptoms or problems arise that aren’t urgent but do require a doctor’s attention. You may choose to schedule a telemedicine visit with our pediatric team to:
- Discuss symptoms your child is dealing with
- Make a definitive diagnosis
- Monitor an ongoing or chronic condition to see if medication is working properly
- Determine whether your child should come into the office for additional care
- Determine whether your child may require testing (e.g. X-rays; blood test)
- Refill a prescription without having to come into the office
- Discuss your child’s current treatment plan
- Garner a second opinion regarding your child’s treatment and care
Make sure that you fully understand what a telemedicine visit entails. Feel free to talk this over with our pediatrician beforehand. You may choose to use either a laptop or smartphone for the session. The benefits of turning to us for telemedical care is that we also provide your child’s routine checkups. This means that we fully understand your child’s medical history and can provide them with quick, reliable and comprehensive care without having to leave the house. This also means dependable treatment plans that are customized to your child.
A telemedicine appointment makes it easy for busy families to ask their doctor questions, to address symptoms their child is experiencing and to get medications refilled without having to drive over to our office. These virtual pediatric appointments can save families time while also providing expedited pediatric care right to your home.